Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: My Nizo 6080 finally came!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    We would tell you what happened to your camera, but then we would have to shoot you.

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Good luck on your film

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I'm planning on shooting a feature length film on super 8 next summer(more on that later). So, I decided to get a Nizo 6080. I bid on one on eBay, I was the second highest bidder, but the highest bidder backed out for some reason and I got it. I payed on May 15, the guy sent the camera on the 19 (from Germany) and I recieved it yesterday the 19 of June. It took a month. And you should've seen the box when I got it. It was wet, ripped up, dirty, the addresses had almost worn completely off. The camera's in mint condition, I just need to get an eyecup and a UWIII. I'm also going to get it crystal synched by the film group.
    Just thought I'd share my story.
    Oh yeah, and I'm going to experiment with a Century Optics 16:9 adapter.
    Corey Doyle

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've seen a lot of horror stories with stuff coming from Germany.
    I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but it seems every time I hear one of these, it's from Germany.
    My friend bought a Bauer 715XLS from a German guy, and when the box arrived, it was actually ROUND!
    It had been beaten up so bad there were no corners, it was a cardboard sphere.
    Really scary!

    Matt Pacini

  4. #4
    Inactive Member regular8mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A Cannon 814 XL E arrived in a 'softened' box, but was alright deep inside the stuffing. My first film with it arrived today. There be pictures!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member c_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I have ordered a Nizo from Germany, an Elmo from Australia, a Canon and a Sankyo from Canada with no problems.

    But don't ever buy cameras that are even slightly malfunctioning. I did this with the Nizo and it had a broken power zoom that I'd figured I wouldn't use. Then when I tried using it for some rare sound film it did not record properly. I wasted some good footage!

    The lesson here is only buy cameras that are 100%. Whether it's from a close friend or a stranger in another country, a small problem will become a larger one eventually!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •